Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Chore Charts

We've struggled a bit with chores around our house.  I feel that it is really important for the children to participate in the running of our household, but oftentimes we neglect to really enforce the chores that the children are assigned.  I believe (hope) that the children do not purposefully avoid their chores but rather they simply forget or get busy with their day.  I'm a list maker, and I do much better with getting things done if I can have the satisfaction of crossing things off of my list.  I thought the same might be true for the children so I created a daily chart of sorts for the children.

I made up the chart and then had the children decorate it.  I had them each laminated at a copy center, this way we can use a vis-a-vis marker to write on it every day and wipe it off every night.
 
Included on the chart are their daily must dos, any extra chores that we might assign to them and a reminder of what is going on during their day other than school.  So far this method seems to be working, and I'm hoping that the novelty won't wear off for any of us!

3 comments:

  1. We are a list family too!
    Love the lists....my kids are great at doing their chores...but your lists might help me do mine! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea! Love the little notes you write for them on the bottom :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips